You can try sancocho as one of Dominican Republic Food Recipes. It is popular food for special occasion such anniversary, birthday, job promotion, or anything.
At first glance, sancocho is like the meat stew with some additional ingredients and seasoning. It takes time to cook, but you cannot resist when this kind of Dominican Republic Food Recipes is ready to serve.
- 1 lb. beef (chuck or round) and goat meat
- 1 lb. chicken and ribs
- 1 lb. smoked ham bones
- Two limes
- 1 tsp. parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. powdered oregano
- 1 tsp. mashed garlic and salt
- 4 tbsp. oil corn, canola, or peanut
- 1/2 lb. yam ñame cut into 1-inch pieces [0.23 kg]
- 1/2 lb. pumpkin auyama
- 1/3 lb. taro yautia
- 3 unripe plantains
- 1/3 lb. cassava, cut
- 2 corn cobs, optional
- Prepare meats and cut them then add lime.
- Put beef into bowl. Add oregano, garlic, cilantro, and salt. Stir and rub them until all spices blend with meat. Marinate and put aside for thirty minutes.
- Heat the pot and oil then add beef. Close and simmer it then add water.
- Add meat mixture into pot then simmer it again for five minutes. Add water to avoid burning.
- In different pot, boil water then add yautia, name, plantains, and auyama. Simmer them about fifteen minutes
- After that, scrape using knife and add into meat pot. Pour few water and salt. Stir them and keep at medium heat.
- Simmer again until all meats and ingredients are cooked.
- Sancocho food menu is ready to serve.
Besides this recipe, there are some interesting foods as a part of Dominican Republic food culture. You can cook them at home then enjoy with friends and family. Well, Dominican Republic Food Recipes can be customized to fit your personal taste.